“Visitor” means a person, other than a Registered User, who accesses that portion of the Website that is accessible without entering a username and password;
“Registered User” means a person who has registered on behalf of his or her self and the company that he or she represents in order to access and use content provide only to Registered Users via the Website;
“we,” “us,” “our” and “RSE Ventures” means RSE Ventures, LLC;
“you” and “your” means a Visitor or a Registered User, as applicable; and
“User Information” means individually or collectively, the Registration Information, the Tracking Information, Cookie data, and any other information you provide to us via the Website.
2. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Registration Information.In order to request information via our Website, you may first be required to register and submit to RSE Ventures contact information and certain other information about you and the company that you represent (collectively, “Registration Information”). We may use the Registration Information to communicate with you and to send information that we believe will interest you.
- Other Information.As a Visitor or Registered User, you may choose to send us a question via e-mail. We will use this information to communicate with you and to enhance the Website to better meet your needs.
- Aggregate Data.In addition to any other uses described in this Policy, you agree that we may extract and use information from your Registration Information for the purpose of creating Aggregate Data (as defined below). “Aggregate Data” means: a set of Registration Information comprised of any number of Registered Users in an aggregated form only, that does not specifically identify any individual Registered Users and that is not intended to disclose any information that is personally identifiable to an individual Registered User. You agree to allow us, for any internal and/or commercial purposes, to use, develop, analyze, exploit, combine, and extract Aggregate Data, and to disclose and publish Aggregate Data to any party through any means.
3. Does RSE Ventures share your Registration Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share Registration Information only with the affiliates that we control and as described below:
- Our Portfolio Companies: We may share your information with our portfolio companies to provide them with information about potential investors. You may read about these portfolio companies on our website at: www.rseventures.com.
- Agents and service providers:We engage other entities and individuals to assist us with providing the Website, which may include by way of example and not limitation (i) the collection, storage, processing and management of your Registration Information; and (ii) the correction of technical problems with the Website. These entities and individuals will only have access to your Registration Information to the extent necessary to perform their obligations to us.
- Protection of the Website and others:We will release your Registration Information when we believe release is appropriate (i) to comply with laws or regulations; (ii) in response to judicial process; (iii) for the enforcement of any agreement we may have with you; or (iv) for the protection of rights, property, or safety of RSE Ventures or others.
- With your consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive a notice when your Registration Information might be sent to third parties, and you will have an opportunity not to “opt out.”
4. What security measures are taken regarding the Website?
We have taken precautions to protect the Website data and information under our control from misuse, loss, or alteration. We deploy administrative, technical, and physical security measures on our Website and with regard to data collected on our Website to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks. Our securitymeasures include industry standard technology and equipment to help protect your Registration Information.
5. How do you access and correct your information?
You can access your Registration Information by contacting us in accordance with Section 8 below. If you believe there are factual errors in such information, you may contact us in accordance with Section 8 and specify the alleged errors. We will make reasonable efforts to verify and correct any factual errors within a reasonable amount of time.
6. What if our policy changes?
7. How long can we store your User Information?
8. How do you contact us?
9. What is RSE Ventures’ responsibility for links to other websites?
The Website may contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, content, products or services offered through the other websites.
10. How do we treat data from the EEA?
RSE Ventures is a US company, and we do not operate in or market to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA). Any processing of personal data of individuals in the EEA by us is incidental. We do, however, recognize the rights of individuals in the EEA and, therefore, request that any individuals located in the EEA who have questions about or requests related to the personal data we collect to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: July 24, 2018